APRIL 27, 2024
|REGISTRATION BY DATE
|30. 9. 2023||45 €|
|30. 11. 2023||50 €|
|31. 12 2023||55 €|
|28. 2. 2024||60 €|
|12. 4. 2024||70 €|
|NUMBER OF PEOPLE
|5 or more||5%|
|15 or more||7%|
|25 or more||10%|
- Group members can run different distances.
- Minimum number of runners is 5.
- The price per runners is from 5 to 10% lower than individual registrations.
- Shoot us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and you’ll receive additional information.
CLICK FOR DETAILED DESCRIPTION
The Legionar – UTVV 30 km course runs from the center of Ajdovščina, past the spring of the Hubelj River in a steep ascent to the top of Podrta Gora (825 m), where the route joins the longest distances and offers runners breathtaking views of the Vipava Valley in the 15-kilometer ridge of Angelska Gora. At Mala Gora, the Legionar route turns towards the valley and reaches Lokavec in a 1,000-meter descent. From here it continues for another 5 flat kilometers along paved paths beside the Lokavšček stream.
The UTVV ultramarathon challenge is set in the valley where one of the most important battles of the late Roman period, The Battle of the Frigidus, also called the Battle of the Frigid River, took place in 394. The battle was fought between 5 and 6 September 394 between the army of the Eastern Emperor Theodosius I and the army of the Western Roman ruler Eugenius. With Theodosius’ victory, the Roman Empire was united under one emperor for the last time in history. Also, the victory of Theodosius brought the final religious dominance of Christianity in Europe.
No time limit
|AID STATION – AS||KM||KM FROM LAST AS|
REFRESHMENT & CHECKPOINTS
- Several refreshment stations are located along the trail (see trail profile) with water, energy drinks, sugar, fruit, light food, etc.
- Drinks, light food, and a hot meal will also be available for runners at the finish line.
- The track has several checkpoints.
|EQUIPMENT||30 – LEGIONAR|
|BIB number always visible||+|
|Water bottle (camel bag, bottle, soft flask …)||+|
|First aid (bandage, gauze, patch)||+|
|Headlamp with spare battery||/|
|Clothing suitable for winter conditions (from -3° C to 30° C), in case of strong wind (speed over 100 km/h)||+|
+ – Mandatory gears
o – Recommended gears
o* – Mandatory for slower runners
The obligatory equipment shall be checked at the race number bibs collection. Race number won’t be given if something is missing. If the required equipment is not complete or is not shown by runner, immediate disqualification follows. Random checks shall be made along the race route.
Transport of runners who drop out at the control point / aid station to the finish area.
- personalized bib number including RFID time keeping-tag and GPS tracker
- starter pack with technical SportHG t-shirt
- drop bags (transitions) for Emperor and Centurion race
- transition bags will be transported back to the finish line in Ajdovščina
- aid stations with a variety of food, approximately every 12 km with drinks and food
- showers and changing room facilities next to the finish area
- a hot meal in Ajdovščina
- roman medal of honor for all finishers at each race
- roman Emperor`s ring for Emperor`s finishers
- medical first aid in the finish area and at specified aid stations
- finisher’s certificate downloadable from the dedicated online repository
- live timekeeping, interim times, and results
- a hot meal during the race in Otlica (Emperor and Centurion), Renče (Emperor)
- pick up each runner that drops out at aid stations
NON PARTICIPATION AND REFUND
Please click the link to learn more: https://ultratrail.si/rules-and-registration/
|up to 34 years||up to 34 years|
|35 to 49 years||35 to 49 years|
|50 to 59 years||50 to 59 years|
|over 60 years||over 60 years|
The first three in general category will be awarded trophies and prizes.
The organizer reserves the right to make changes.
No doubt that Vipava Ultra was an amazing race on the paper and that was matched 100% by reality! With a group of 8 we travelled from Switzerland and in 2019 we will be back with a larger group! Our compliments to Bostian (race director) and its team! A special thanks to Slovenian People for caring so much about their beautiful Homeland! Thanks to all supporters along the race track! Nothing to complain about… a race that will grow up very fast and happy to have it s partner event! GREAT JOB. Hvala. Aaron Rezzonico, Organizer of Scenic Trail Switzerland.
What a great race!
My girlfriend and I ran the 25K and had a wonderful time. The course is challenging but very well marked and offers great views. There are plenty of aid stations with a good variety of drinks and snacks.
To top it all off, we got a bottle of wine and a t-shirt when we picked up our race packets.
I would definitely run this race again.
Thank you for this amazing event; the organisation was excellent and the staff was very friendly and professional. I loved my experience.
You guys rock!!!
HALL OF FAME
|1.||Matej Letojne (SI) – 02:50:21||Lucija Krkoč (SI) – 03:10:47|
|2.||Žan Žepič (SI) – 02:52:35||Michelle Hassel (DE) – 03:35:56|
|3.||Aleš Svetina (SI) – 02:52:52||Maja Laznik (SI) – 03:44:30|
|1.||Žan Žepič (SI) – 02:19:23||Špela Gonza (SI) – 02:45:30|
|2.||Primož Porenta (SI) – 02:20:25||Muller Alix (FR) – 02:53:19|
|3.||Pavel Brýdl (CZ) – 02:23:29||Rebeka Petrovčič (SI) – 03:06:16|
|1.||Julien Delaris (FR) – 02:23:23||Ana Čufer (SI) – 02:47:10|
|2.||Urban Jereb (SI) – 02:23:24||Špela Gonza (SI) – 02:52:38|
|3.||Žan Žepič (SI) – 02:30:17||Špela Bokal (SI) – 03:17:53|
|1.||Jošt Lapajne (SI) – 2:29:57||Lucija Krkoč (SI) – 2:54:37|
|2.||Luka Kovačič (SI) – 2:38:55||Katja Kegl Vencelj (SI) – 3:12:36|
|3.||Aleš Žontar (SI) – 2:40:04||Barbara Trunkelj (SI) – 3:18:03|
|1.||Aleš Žontar (SI) – 2:22:06||Mojca Koligar (SI) – 2:46:43|
|2.||Marko Tratnik (SI) – 2:25:34||Barbara Trunkelj (SI) – 2:55:57|
|3.||Tommy Manning (CH) – 2:34:39||Petra Tratnik (SI) – 2:59:57|
|1.||Aleš Žontar (SI) – 2:02:12||Tamara Čelesnik (SI) – 2:40:30|
|2.||Simon Strnad (SI) – 2:05:18||Ida Parisi (IT) – 2:59:08|
|3.||Matic Čačulovič (SI) – 2:05:30||Marija Turšič (SI) – 3:00:34|
|1.||Aleš Štor (SI) – 2:07:14||Lucija Krkoč (SI) – 2:10:51|
|2.||Miha Juvan (SI) – 2:09:22||Blažka Panjtar (SI) – 2:43:04|
Rok Planinc (SI) – 2:19:46
Žiga Gradišar (SI) – 2:19:46
|Jana Piculin (SI) – 2:46:48|
|1.||Miha Juvan (SI) – 2:12:36||Jana Bratina (SI) – 2:16:29|
|2.||Aleš Štor (SI) – 2:13:40||Veronika Krečič (SI) – 2:47:30|
|3.||Boštjan Pintar (SI) – 2:13:45||Luisa Conforto (IT) – 2:58:23|
Aleš Žontar (SI)
Lucija Krkoč (SI)